The health and safety of Paintzen’s customers and our painters are our top priority. As states begin to lift shelter-in-place orders and open businesses, we will be adhering to local government guidelines and the phased-in approach that most regions are following based on the status of their COVID-19 cases. Paintzen is continuing to follow guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) in order to take necessary measures to keep you, the customer, and our painters safe and healthy.
What We Are Doing
Resuming Services to Vacant Spaces
We are resuming service in states where spaces are vacant. This includes projects in California, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Washington, Washington D.C., and Texas. Vacant spaces include unoccupied homes, exterior spaces, or houses, condos and apartments that can be temporarily vacated by occupants during the duration of a project. Our team of Project Advisors will work with you to determine how to provide our painters with contact-free access to your home.
Services remain suspended in New York City and New Jersey due to local government orders.
Our team will continue to take measures in accordance with regional government regulations to protect our customers and painters. Should evolving directives or guidelines mandate additional restrictions, we will provide additional updates.
Please note: Because we want to leave enough time for product ordering and pickup, as well as to ensure our contractors are healthy and are able to acquire the necessary PPE for scheduled projects, our typical 72-hour turnaround time is extended to one week turnaround time. This policy will be in place until the end of June unless otherwise noted.
Observing Additional Safety Protocols
Our team has added a COVID-19 screening protocol to our standard practices over the coming months to mitigate any risk for our painters, clients, and neighbors:
- Upon booking a project, Paintzen will require customers to alert us if anyone at the location is sick, showing symptoms, or has either tested positive, is being tested, is “result pending” or on quarantine.
- Paintzen requires that any painter that is sick, showing symptoms, or has either tested positive, is being tested, is “result pending” or on quarantine should call in sick.
- Upon arrival at your home, Paintzen will ask our crew to verify that no one on-site is sick, showing symptoms, or has either tested positive, is being tested, is “result pending” or on quarantine.
- All Paintzen crews will be required to follow best practices to ensure proper measures are being taken to keep worksites clean and safe. This includes wearing CDC-approved face coverings when working in occupied spaces, and observing social distancing.
- Paintzen will provide all crews with guidelines around proper social distancing. Our teams will also adhere to any health and safety requirements at clients’ locations before, during and after projects.
Until further notice, we will be waiving our next-day cancellation policy. If a customer has booked a job and becomes ill or concerned about moving forward with the project, they are encouraged to reschedule. Customers can also cancel projects by 5 PM the day prior to the job start with no cancellation fee.
We are also extending the validity of our quotes to 60 days. If you choose to get a quote, you can make a deposit and lock in your project for the future. When both customers and painters are in good health and comfortable, we will service your project.
Our team of Project Managers has been prepped to handle any virus-related cancellations, so please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Working with Painters
Paintzen has updated work orders to include our COVID-19 safety screening protocol and best practices. In order to accept a job, our paint crews must sign off on and accept the policies on the work order.
Painters are required to inform our team if they, or a member of their family, are showing symptoms of COVID-19 so we remove them from any upcoming project assignments. Once they have been free of symptoms for 14 days, we will resume adding them to our upcoming jobs. It is important for us to look out for both the physical health of our painter partners as well as the success of their businesses.
What You Can Do?
If you think you have been exposed to the coronavirus, please call your healthcare provider immediately. If you are feeling ill, or if a member of your household has become ill, we encourage you to stay at home. Contact Paintzen if you have any open projects.
Book Now, Schedule Later
We hope to be able to resume servicing your paint projects and giving work to our painter partners once these restrictions are lifted and everyone is in good health. One way we can do that is to pre-schedule paint projects for the future. If you were thinking about a paint project or are planning one for the future, consider booking your project now and scheduling later so we can support the painters on our platform. Our Project Advisors are still available to quote your project and help you schedule it when the time is right.
What are Best Practices?
PPG has issued numerous precautions to their field employees to encourage best hygiene practices in stores, areas that are heavily trafficked by the public, and are more prone to the spread of illness. All stores and company vehicles will be equipped with sanitizer and employees are encouraged to take general hygienic precautions to keep stores safe from the spread of illness.
As a general reminder of how to slow the spread, here are some common tips:
- Stay home when you are feeling sick or are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms!
- Maintain at least 6 feet distance between yourself and others
- Practice proper hand hygiene by promptly washing or sanitizing your hands often, with soap and water. Use hand sanitizer when washing hands is not practical.
- Workers should stagger breaks with others on site to allow for more effective social distancing
- Avoid touching your face (eyes, nose, and mouth) at all times, but especially after touching a public surface
- Avoid physical contact with others, including shaking hands
- Promptly disinfect your tools, equipment, and any other items which may have come in contact with any individual. This should include your mobile device.
Thank you for your continued trust and confidence in Paintzen. We continue to offer several contact-free offerings, from remote quoting to free paint color swatch delivery. We are here for you and your painting needs.